Sunday, February 6, 2011

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde


Thought I’d share with you some recent purchases, I was in desperate need of a new handbag my old one the stitching was coming loose and the stitching on the inside was coming undone. Derelictttt!
Anywho I came across this lil Toni Bianco number in Strandbags, it was $39.95 reduced from $100. So I got out the old eftpos card and drained my saving account a lil bit 



Nice huh.  I need a handbag that is sophisticated enough to take to work as well as being able to fit nappies, wipes and the usual child rearing equipment.  This handbag is capable of doing both.  Yesss!!
I also picked up these cheapie flats from K-mart at $5 a piece!!! The photo doesn’t really  show all the detail, but the black pair has a snake skin pattern and the beige pair is a very shiny patent material with cute rouching at the toe.  Purty! 



And down the beauty Isle I snagged some real bargains.  K-mart was having a price blitz on their Nail range, brands including Sally Hansen, Nailene and California nails.  I bought Sally Hansen’s lip inflation lip plumping gloss (which I’ve heard good things about) and Sally Hansen’s thin lip Collagen boost.  $7 each HOLY COW! 



Oh and a packet of Fingrs, Flirt stick on nails in French polish - $4 - don’t need to justify that purchase.  Oh and this $2 smudging brush, again no need to justify that purchase. 



Lastly I ducked into Bras n things to pick up a new bra; the one I purchased is called "crème shaper" from the Ultimate body range.  I love the material and the way it feels against my skin, silky soft.  OOOoo and 2 pairs of lovely lacey knickers.. I’m feeling a tad bit burlesque  







I need all the padding I can get


I’m thinking about what clothes I need to buy in order to be ready for Winter.  I think I’ll invest in a really good quality winter coat, some nice winter boots but just stick with the reliable skinny jeans, leggings, ballet flats, long cardi look.   I’d love to keep up with what’s in fashion and be that trendy person but what’s in fashion at the moment (what I perceive to be in fashion) isn't practical for me.  Can you imagine me trotting around in a pair of designer platform pumps chasing a 2 year old who’s got himself covered in sticky?
Here’s a challenge for me: To identify some trendy winter clothes and shoes that are also practical and affordable.  Can you suggest anything? 

Yup I’m all ready thinking about Winter/Autumn.  It’s coming soon and it stays around an awfully long time.

Love and blintzes
G

No comments:

Post a Comment